Speech & Drama
The 2018 Speech & Drama Classes will be held on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th November.
N.B. THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS 6th OCTOBER
The 2018 Syllabus will be published in May.
Click to view the 2017 Speech & Drama Classes
Download a Multiple Entry Form - for teachers/parents/guardians entering more than one competitor.
Competitors’ age to be taken as on 1st September.
SPEECH & DRAMA SECTION – ADDITIONAL RULES
1. Scripts must be provided for adjudicators in all classes.
2. The time limit must be strictly adhered to. No awards will be given to any competitor exceeding the time limit. The announcement is part of the performance and will be counted in the time limit. The adjudicator’s decision will be final.
3. All work to be memorised with the exception of the reading.
4. The adjudicator and/or convener will bring to a halt and disqualify any Speech & Drama item which, by reason of its unsuitability for a young audience, seems likely to give offence or cause embarrassment.
5. Late entries may not be accepted.
6. All trophies must be collected personally, or they will be retained by the Festival.