The Festival has been nominated to act as a qualifying heat for the All-England Dance Competition.
All-England Dance Rule Changes and Timings
The 2016 Dance Prizewinners can be seen here.
The 2017 Dance Festival will take place on Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th, Saturday 14th, Sunday 15th, Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th October.
N.B. THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS 24th JULY 2017
Entries may be sent at any time from publication of the syllabus.
The 2016 Syllabus is still shown on this website and will be updated in due course.
Click to view last year’s Dancing Classes
Competitors’ age to be taken as on 1st September.
DANCING SECTION - ADDITIONAL RULES
Please also see full General Rules
1. The adjudicator's decision is final. No correspondence can be entered into at any time. The adjudicator reserves the right not to award any place when, in their opinion, the standard of dance is insufficiently high.
2. The committee may combine sections or classes when entries are small, divide a class when entries are large, and have the power to make any other regulations, or interpret or qualify any of these rules as occasion may arise.
3. Competitors should provide their own music.
4. CD players with speakers are provided by the Festival for competitors’ use. Only this equipment may be used. It will be operated by a Festival representative. Only CDs may be used and only one recording per CD is allowed. All recordings must be ready to play.
5. Acrobatic work is prohibited but gymnastic dance is permitted, provided that it is combined with a modern dance technique.
6. Entries will only be accepted on an official entry form. Lists are acceptable from teachers. Absolutely no late entries will be accepted.
7. Time limits must be strictly observed.
8. Only helpers absolutely essential to a performance will be allowed backstage.
9. Competitors must dance in order as in the programme and be backstage at the commencement and during the progress of their class.
10. The use of videos or other recording devices is not permitted.
11. No dangerous or breakable props will be permitted on stage.
12. Re-dancing is not allowed over the age of 11 years except for technical reasons as determined by the stage steward.
13. A competitor may enter only once in each solo class, but may enter more than once with a different partner in duets, trios and quartets.
All performances using music from shows in current production are subject to copyright law. Songs from shows in current production may be sung as a concert item, i.e. with no costume or movement, without need for copyright permission.
Where movement or costume are included in a performance copyright permission is required and the Festival committee accepts these entries on the basis that the appropriate copyright permission has been sought.
Performers or teachers with queries on how to obtain copyright permission for performance items should contact Festivals House on 01625 428 297 or 01625 611 578 before making their entries.